For effective mobile integration, it must be more than a laptop replacement and less about the device. Considering the educational technology SAMR model developed by Ruben R Puentendura, we will contemplate innovative and impactful ways to integrate any mobile device in the classroom. Using backwards design, decide what we want students to know and be able to do leading them to higher level Blooms, helping them become creative contributors of their own learning. Let’s communicate, collaborate and create, as we utilize fun, hands-on tasks using any mobile device.
Leave with knowledge of the SAMR model while utilizing speech-to-text functions in the following experiences:
- Substitution using photos and Readlists.
- Augmentation using collage apps.
- Modification using digital enhancement apps.
- Redefinition using storytelling, moving making, ePub or presentation apps.
As you think about your classroom, transform instruction using ideas previously inconceivable before mobile technologies. Contemplate what will work for you and how to manage this recharged classroom.
Audience: Teachers, Instructional Administrators
Devices: iPad, Google Devices, Surface Tablet. (Mobile devices could possibly be utilized if they have a camera, and the internet).
Apps*: QR Code readers and:
- iPad: I-nigma, PicCollage, Phonto, HaikuDeck, Videolicious
- Nexus/Google: Skitch, Deck, Magisto.
- Surface: Fotor, SkitchFree, more to come
- Chromebook: Loupe Collage, Pixlr Editor, Google Presentation, Fotofriend
*Check back for an updated list of apps to make sure we keep innovative and current.